How to Commission a Painting
There are 2 options for producing a painting. You can supply your own photographs for me to use as reference, or I can visit in person, to make my own studies of the commission in question.
Using YOUR OWN PHOTOGRAPHY as the basis for a painting
Whether you have some photos already, or intend to take some pictures especially for the painting, I can use your imagery to compose a well-balanced and attractive painting.
- As long as your photos are clear and sharp, and of a reasonable size, I will be able to work with them.
- It doesn’t usually matter if you have busy or unattractive backgrounds, or other aspects of your photo that you don’t like. The actual painting can have any background, change of colours, or even compose several images from different photos into one painting.
- Essentially, there are many options for how I might make the most of your photos – I’m always happy to discuss ideas without any obligation.
- When you have sent me the photo(s) (by email or post), along with any instructions / ideas, I can then appraise them to make sure they are suitable quality / size etc.
- In order to make a start on the painting, I will need to take a 50% deposit of the total cost.
A PERSONAL VISIT by Kelly Hood to study your Subject, in preparation for a painting
It is always my preference to visit a subject in person. This enables me to get a really good appreciation for all the finer points and character of your Subject.
- It is always my preference to visit a subject in person. This enables me to get a really good appreciation for all the finer points and character of your Subject.
- Back in the studio, I will then refine the composition and content of the intended painting, and email you a visual for the approximate look of the finished painting, for your approval.
- When the painting is complete, I will email a copy of the painting to you for your approval. Should any adjustments be necessary, these would be implemented and re-proofed afresh.
- After initial discussions by phone / email, I will quote you either a fixed price or estimated price, dependent upon whether your requirements are clear at that point.
In order to make a start on the painting, I will need to take a 50% deposit of the total cost.
Kelly specialises in commissions, creating really special pieces for her customers. Everything is tailored to suit your requirements which makes it super easy to turn any subject you love into a truly unique tribute.
The simple process allows you to commission a painting from a photo; animals and family pets are very popular. Kelly’s unique style of painting immortalises any animal photo into a stunning work of art to treasure forever.
HOW IT WORKS:
- Find reference photos for Kelly to work from. Whatever the subject, these need to be in focus and clear, with the subject in close-up rather than full height. So the face needs to be large, and the eyes nice and clear.
- Contact Kelly; say Hi, and explain what you were thinking of. This is NO – OBLIGATION contact
- Kelly will discuss your options and make suggestions for you to get the most out of your special commission.
- If you decide to go ahead with your own special custom painting, then Kelly will take a small deposit, and schedule your painting in the studio.
- 50% of the cost due as Kelly starts the painting she will confirm the composition over email and get cracking. She will send you regular updates as the painting progresses.
- Once the painting is finished, Kelly will send you the final photo along with a request for the final payment.
- When payment is cleared, Kelly will ship the painting with a courier service.
1. Can I have more than one subject on a painting?
2. Can I choose the colours?
3. What sizes are available?
4. How long does it take?
5. How much is delivery?
Please contact Kelly for a quote.